Canada window tint laws are different in each province, and this article provides all relevant information about window tinting laws in Nunavut.
Nunavut window tint laws overview:
- Windshield: No window tint allowed.
- Front side windows: No window tint allowed.
- Back side windows: Any darkness can be used.
- Rear window: Any darkness can be used.
Nunavut Motor Vehicle Equipment Regulations prohibit the use of any sunscreen material on windshield and passenger front side windows.
Nunavut law does not restrict tinting back side windows nor the rear window, therefore our interpretation is that any car tint darkness is permitted.
Other Nunavut tint laws:
- Reflective tint: No specific restrictions, not advisable.
- Side mirrors: No specific requirements, recommended.
- Medical exemptions: None.
- Certificate requirements: None.
Car window tint laws in Canada
Each Canadian province has its own rules and regulations, and violating vehicle equipment laws can get you cited even when visiting other provinces.
See our main Canada Window Tint Laws page for an overview of car tinting laws for all provinces and to find out if Alberta Window Tint Laws can result in fines in the rest of Canada.