Canada window tint laws are different in each province, and this article provides all relevant information about window tinting laws in Alberta.
Alberta window tint laws overview:
- Windshield: No tint allowed.
- Front side windows: No tint allowed.
- Back side windows: Any darkness can be used.
- Rear window: Any darkness can be used only if vehicle has both left and right side rearview mirrors.
Alberta vehicle equipment laws prohibit installing window tint on the windshield and front side windows. Any level of darkness can be used on back side and rear windows.
On windshields only glazing installed by car manufacturer is allowed, as are clear untinted frost shields or window stickers which do not impair the driver’s vision.
Other Alberta tint laws:
- Reflective tint: Not allowed.
- Side mirrors: Mandatory if rear window is tinted.
- Medical exemptions: None.
- Certificate requirements: None.
- Tint sticker requirements: None.